Father across the last world into this one.
Thanks for bringing me into the world.
Sorry for failing us.
I couldn't bring children of my own.
I don't believe in myself enough just to grab my destiny.
Just to shamelessly chase it down the way you always did.
I have my choices and I'll live and die with them.
The actions of the afterlife might carry further away.
Maybe the lack of courage will freeze my life.
Cool it off the way you cooled off there near the end.
But I need fire and altitude and movement.
Forgive me for failing thus far old man.
I have no son.
No daughter.
I seek vanity through cheap words,
and silly images.
So I pour myself into these distractions
I guess I'll prepare myself to become a ghost like you.
Now you are looking down at me and screaming there is something after the mess.
There is something further up there above the scrappy rat race down here.
But I can't hear you, and you could tell me a million times that you are proud.
Yet down here old man, I am a pathetic failure,
I hold my head up high so they won't ridicule me.
I'm sorry Dad I couldn't hold my end.
I have nothing to offer you.
There's is nothing to complete me.
And by virtue nothing to complete you.
So whisper something into the ear up there...
To complete the story.
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário