Stop running he said
Just take a rest here you are exhausted
-Who are you talking to, the old man by the baitshop asked.
Oh I was just...
Calm your head, life is going to test you
Nothing is ever set
Boy it groans, tis a mess
Just slow down mate, I feel sickened by the rush
Stop running right here
it makes no difference
-Son are you in trouble? The old man asked again.
I met eyes but words couldn't break the membrane
Take it easy here. Why are you still running.
Noone cares. It's a quick life then you die.
I looked back at the hills behind.
My voice opened up like a yodel
"You have a fucking quote for everything"
Silence was the response and the old man from the baitshop walked off.
Is all of this effort really necessary?
Would you like to tell me these are the obsessions that age us
That fade our animo and vitality, wear us out
I dig you up and I hold your skull up
and scream inside to make you listen
Pentrate that thick bone so that you might get an inkling
"I must build and prosper"
Instead of silence I can hear you laughing then chuckling
Not the sickly on that would have you in a coughing fit
But the healthy one that went on for far too long
As if the notion I could out do you was a joke
Slow down sun
Stop running...
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário