terça-feira, 5 de novembro de 2013

Father of spirit

I saw my father
It was dusk the police had almost caught him
he fled some party knocking over garden furniture
He got home excited

I took him by the arm and warned him
He was set to go off
An aggressive heart you have boy!
Who took your power?

I was my grandfather
It was morning and fresh paint
and freshly cut lawns could be smelt
Windless clear spring sky, tea steamed out of the mug

The cigarette went a rolling
and the local rag unfolded
My father(my son) played down by the gate
As I called my wife to tell her how much he'd grown

That day I had a sermon to give
Local churchgoers were still getting used to my voice
My wife never liked the idea
Today I'd take my youngest son

Sunday assembly was about to begin
In my life I had seen war and recession win
I decided my son would have it different
heaven had a plan for him

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário