sábado, 15 de julho de 2017

Gold did I seek

The small reservoir at the foot of the rocky hill
so silent and clear its water yellowy brown
reflecting the algae and the color of the stones
No fish just still clear water a meter or so deep

There is gold in there, I the punter said my thirsty wealth wanter
And sure enough there were signs, but I couldn't get it out in time
I'd surely dreamed of finding a nugget up that stream
The hill cutting the wind slowing it sharply making it pleasant as a park

At the foot of that hill rocky and calm
guava trees shading the muddy margins
That is where I reached in to get my handful of gold
alas nothing more precious than quartz did I hold

3 comentários:

  1. I enjoyed reading your poem.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. A nice article here, i think that people who have grown up with the idea of using computers are showing more responsibility towards writing posts that are thoughtful, do not have grammar mistakes and pertinent to the post..

    Tooth Braces In Chennai

    Dental Hospital in Chennai

    ResponderExcluir