segunda-feira, 21 de maio de 2018

The struggle of the gate crasher

Couldn't find a shred of myself
The cold made me something
The warmth the freedom of nothing
Muscles grew as I surveyed the world

As I looked to the wonderment of the future
wanting to harm the fear and emptiness
Wanting to be the giant with every ounce of my soul
Yet small and unknowning was I

I couldn't get a notion of myself
One that could guide me
Poisons of the low thinkers
became my poisons

How do you forgive yourself
for giving yourself less instead of more
for not teaching yourself to fish and hunt
for accepting Mercury when God gave you the sun

Now I've found a shred of myself
for the woman I hold lengthens hope and shortens fear
The days may taunt me empty
So she'll be my substance

The well worked exhaustion and fear
for our benefit
appeals to the highest power
To kill temptation to quit

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário