quarta-feira, 9 de janeiro de 2019

God's green thumb (Rodrigo the farmer in Paraty mirim)

The chimp cried to our arrival
old ways die hard and the past's many faces exchange looks
I put away the hammer and adjust the staff
For eden is a million places on earth overlooked by city light
Rodrigo tended the great gardens

Abundance runs a good many miles in my heart
And to see the good deeds of this penniless son
humbled me and blunted my sharp concrete nerves
I the witness, here with this blacksmith of the land
Not a cent to his name

A creater amongst the brackish water and mangroves
Living through the storms the way savages would
The noblest part of our spirit lost by our ignorance of nature
life creates life
giving up all for the ultimate freedom, living again
cleaned by the seasons and nourished by the harvests
Tax me these words for your offering

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário