sábado, 16 de novembro de 2019

My brother the windless day

Brother how far have you walked to forgive
on this life hill grassy rocky incline
for all the gems that you left in your footsteps
what is our bond, what is worthy?

What did it take for others to believe in you?
What did it take for you to believe in them?
Does strength of the heart push you further still
Were you ever so dear and was I ever so dear and true?

Broken continents, two islands north and south
trying to be straight with each other lost at sea
in the middle of the stage 3 human existence
only a few miles to status retirement

And will the bitters of old age be as bad tasting
as the years we never spoke
As the years we lost all connection
As the years we didn´t treat each other as dear

When I shouted, did you whisper?
When I panicked, did you calm yourself?
Was I the storm and you the windless day
I the blizzard you the frost

My own piece of heart shakes me to know you more, to hear you more
My own piece of heart keeps you always
Noble but flawed it continues to adore you
You were my first friend in this existence, a sun by the sun.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário