segunda-feira, 14 de agosto de 2023

The price of ambition

 the connection errodes further
the fine face of my father
will it stay with me
the soul a suitcase
hopefully

the link is wearing
I see youth still bearing
He still breathes and seems
to tend his freedom
in my dreams

Capture those years and see
for all they are worth he says to me
the meager ambitions I still hold
fat pets are all I have 
 I need eagles ravenous

Can I still get out the album
from behind my eyes like guns
The ones who long to eat the world
the ones who long to see you again
just an image

With a blank space somewhere at the top
so that I may scribble thankyou
over the next adventurous decade
with all the wars throughout the terrain
That I want for my very own brood

Can I still dream of the arrow
whose direction I could decide
when bombs hit and splinter
hint to me shelter 
so we might get back up

reclaim all that was lost
seek those lost ideals
of our greatest intentions
in clouds of flame
might I claim

a new destiny
On this farm of an earth
Renew this great potential yield
Over the lakes and bridges
my word echoes yet


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário