segunda-feira, 18 de março de 2024

Grief's own abyss

 Caught in the tunnel of time
A future accident we pray to avoid
At the underground train stop
eating snacks out of the vending machine

Ketchup falls all over my shirt
covering everything
as I attempted to clean it up
the train left

My soul on board
my self separated deep and empty
the son born again
from a damned apartment room

the room still haunted today
even as the son reincarnates
and my soul on the train
pulling out to save the future

redundantly for I am not on board
the other half of the equation
I would need to be there to cancel the future
one we never wanted

The son kept distracted by the television
No toys, no friends just his disappointed eyes
The paralyzing grief of the accident
The tunnel of time an incredible river

damed and then let go

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário