quinta-feira, 13 de agosto de 2026

The yellow flowers of heaven

 Mother I see you clothes in yellow flowers
I see them falling
But Mum I no longer see the mists
The one that came down like hot water to dispatch you

Oh Mother the far away goddess
I dreamed of being loved by you for a lifetime
The world wanted to see strength
I guess i can pretend

Disdain makes such strange fuel
But I'm glad I was there to show you how far I'd go
Every piece of the son or the child soured over into
such a cynical older man

You are separated and so far
Celebrations bring the may breeze
And those abundant yellow flowers
That cover the path you married on

Big dreams were lived and new ones sown
Go on with the old illusions
wrapped for a chrstmas that will never come
Like leaves dried and flattened in a book
labeled and forgotten

Am I one of those to you woman?
Am I one of those to you world?
Am I just waiting to be the dehydrated page you open
Reminisce that I might have shared a piece of myself

I imagine dying slowly running out of breath
as my heart fights my lungs for not reaching for more
Mother does that do for comedy
These tears absurd

And maybe in your perfect bubble on the ass end of the world
You might pour a glass to toast the wandering offspring 
Who could not corner his prey
Who lost his bounce

Who sees the gates there resplendent
With those yellow flowers
That got you an inch closer to a truth
Palatable to a world of labels

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário