segunda-feira, 27 de janeiro de 2014

Security and lost cousins

Guard the garage she said
As she guarded the front lawn
Guard it from what? The howling wind?
Guard the area as she put in her pizza order.
The warm house lit up and beckoning

She on the lawn looking at pictures of herself through the night
as if it were a mirror
Throwing love into the darkness reflecting her life long expression
Looking up at where god would be sitting if he wasn't so busy convincing us
of how much we needed security

Pizza came and I'd left my post
 I was eating like a leech on it's host
While she was guarding in the night's gail force winds
I heard a scream so out I went the wind collecting me
throwing me to the rescue

There it was facing her, the wolf
Bat and axe found my hands
Eyes looked to wear wounds would land
The wind blew the fear out of my heart courageously
The lost cousin was saved

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário