quinta-feira, 29 de maio de 2014

The wakeful eye full of sleep

The cheeks become rosey
They themselves meet the cold with no complaint
The shoes wear, the pigeons take off as the hill invites me to descend
The trees not speaking to me much, the odd leaf twitches

The surface of the twin lakes swallow dawn light and converse with the cold
Most of me gets thrown about in that space between the brain and the heart
Learn a little about the way the grim carelessness accumulates
My wakeful eye sees the mountains of defects when it's sleepy

The way through tree lane bus stopped summer aroma
The way to free, sane, no fuss drops of summer brave new soma
Veins tangle and pump noisily as I wake from the coma
and face others assumptions with wakeful eyes full of sleep

Deep, deep within the lake under the mud
Under the debris and under the silt
Under the beady eyed catfish in his hole
Under this dirt is steel

Somewhere between the head and the heart
Somewhere between the last grand summer and the provocative spring
it will never know
Somewhere between tired eyelids I go!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário