sexta-feira, 6 de março de 2015

Slaves to Euphoria

Led by the light
Simple whims simply won
Sub angels praising hyperactive spending
negotiating to pay the high prices of the novelties

Wallets open without a brainwave crashing on the shores of their reason
They now shackled by debt and shortsightedness
Life's curiosities get taken for granted
And most become slaves to euphoria

The day to day burden of debt
The slow forgetting of ambition's departure
The candy wrapper nation floating in the wind
in the queues and social woes

Me oh my how excited we become
to touch that new plastic screen and plug it in
The street drains are clogged and rain waters enter houses
but access to the newest technology eludes me to some imaginary future

One where the mess is up to the windows outside my home
but I'll clean it up later
One where my debt is up to repossession of my valuables
but I'll pay for that stuff later

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário