sexta-feira, 22 de setembro de 2017

Delicate cares

Brace yourself chasing destiny
Can you run with a cup to collect some of that
still stumbling and struggling
Optimism running away

Legs bouncing and kicking to follow
To see if this day can be that special treat
To see if appealing dreams like these turn sweet
Destiny over such mountains

catching up and throwing effort into it
With an armor of steel confidence
but a fear so flabby it catches any edge
Oh free us and propel us put us on the path

We beg and the sky lights up as if to laugh
All I want is a piece of the future
a big one at least
The castle, the land, it's people and the feast.

Breathless I may not follow destiny as close
And the cul de sacs were littered with broken mirrors and smoke
I blamed god and my mentors and the universe too
I blamed the devil himself for making me the one to accuse

Yet none of the noise in my mind led me anywhere
I was afraid to let go of my delicate cares
Don't ever follow destiny with a pocket full of fear.

Um comentário: