quarta-feira, 27 de setembro de 2017

The blackberry for the boysenberry

She couldn't decide which berry to pick
Front yard fence falling down no tool to make it stick
The sky still on fire, dreams still owning all in reach
Brilliant eyes that went from the cool valleys toward the windswept beaches

She decided on one and sacrificed the other
Tall canes laden with berries all smothered
A lifetime of work it seemed buried under a split second decision
Losing such a thing took it's toll, the heart doesn't fade

And every edge of the place stays in my mind
Like it was heaven itself, when I look I find
And now it's on the market
The profit of posterity spent in a week

No wonder it rained
it cried, it begged to have that place, it pained
waiting for me when I returned one day
The pond my mirror the palm my hand

The deck my rest the lounge my calmness
Now the river bed is no more!
And the new river far from our abode
Would you leave the heart of the world?

The sacred dirt I can almost taste
The goodbye muffled
They've traded the blackberry for the boysenberry
I hope it brings them joy I hope it brings them faith

Their lives always a race
restless people will this really change your pace?

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário