terça-feira, 30 de abril de 2019

Lawn mower boy

that boy lawnmower
Beg your pardon said the old man
expecting that i'd repeat myself
grass as gold as it gets
shady autumn
merciless hill steam
getting to know the teen me

The smell of fresh pain
the weekend a layer of pain
a happy coffee
and back into the filter
like a fish in a tank where the plants had all wilted

looking up at their expectations like a hive of scorpions
stings pointed
monitoring my answers
and off I go to hose my brain
as if it absorbed something toxic
what taught me this

Was it a monster from the quarry
Have people's speeches to me
helped me to seem like a beast
somewhere between the frost of late may
covering the dead straw freshly collected as hay

where does a boy look for worth
the world a mad predator with a hammer
in the shape of each ridicule they send my way
water couldn't cure me
I breathed to understand revenge
the hate peeled away at my heart

I stood the midnight rat half soaked in my own blood
stripped of dignity just sticky wounds infront of the council
Frozen empty hall of evaluation
I'm nothing but a cow to kill
and you frown because the beef will taste bitter

I've swerved a few deaths though

They just keep...
throwing me back you know
as if god was a fishermen
putting me back into your ugly ranks

hear my grassy growl
As the gram of immortal in me shows you the door
 of the multifaceted hell I know
that never murdered my one real love and joy
to know this world as the amateur rucking
lawnmower boy

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário