sábado, 10 de outubro de 2026

Parsley and cement

 She spun overbusy in the kitchen and screamed I need parsley
children were bewildered as their mother beleld like an alarm
So out I went on my skateboard toward the supermarket
The streets were straight and flat

I could roll smoothly through without much effort at all
I felt the concrete judder gently under the chunky wheels
Half way there I remembered the parsley I was growing
It a bulky clump, surely I could take some from there.

I started skating back to the garden where the parsley grew
But on my way back the street had changed
None of the footpaths and sidewalks were even
There were obstacles blocking setting cement

There were cracks and pot holes
I'd have to take myself off the skateboard
walking among the messy roadway
From across the street the professional skateboarders skated

They observed me and laughed
Time seem to slip by faster
As if I myself was wading through wet cement
Coming home empty handed

No parsley
not even another similar herb
Perhaps a substitute
No just an adult with a skateboard

Legs covered in bruises and cement

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário