quinta-feira, 1 de outubro de 2026

Avoiding the truth

 The one I could have helped falls by the wayside
I sypmathize with the God some pretend to love
Most just blame for the world in its state
The one I wanted to protect  struggling, emaciated in the highway ditch

Ragdoll human abandoned by every which one allocated to love him
In the high grass crawling weak dehydrated, underfed, unloved
The traffic passes uncaring I keep climbing the stairs of life
The one I was supposed to care for smiles even in their state

Pretending to be happy so that I would stop and check
As if knowing that a frown or grimace would force all to avoid
Swallowing his pain he bears his teeth and appeals
But none notice and he returns to the ditch

where the remains of some family picnic await him
The basket weave so very ornate
Like a society obsessed with the appearances of results
avoiding the truth of them at all costs 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário