sexta-feira, 12 de agosto de 2011

For olivia

My niece...
I´ve never seen you and it could still be a while.
I´d see your mum and dad yet between us, ten thousand miles.
Baby Olivia who likes birds and clapping, and is serious like me when I haven´t had my nap.
Welcome to the world little girl, Some sweet life i wish you.
Let this be a blessing from well abroad, another world different shores, in a land where i am as foreign as i was in my hometown. Let your love of rhyme become a stealthy thief of noble crimes and steal frowns, Install grins and invent new sounds.
So the world can hear your new onomatopoeia, from now until you´re old enough to put it onto paper.
Olivia who likes birds and clapping and for rhymes you´ve yearned, and whatever ounce of joy you have from what you´ve heard, your lost uncle who only knows to play with words.
Wish you to be free, for serious is sapping, glide away from the pushing and the shoving, the only force worth having is laughter and loving. Laughter and loving!
Someone taught me if you practice them, you´ll always have something to offer the world.
I wish you the secrets unknown to modern boys and girls.
To See the value beyond the note, the stone, the brick, the pearl.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário