segunda-feira, 17 de agosto de 2015

Autumn was my mother

I was raised where autumn's liquid amber leaves would litter the garden
Where spring's Rhododendrons would shed sticky gum to dry in the sun
Where the winter lilac would bloom to contrast against the short dull days
And summer was eternity to everything living in every way

Not long human I made my way through the dry leaves
Looked up at the woman standing under the houses eve
her expression was autumn with highlights of hope
Words came from my heart for I could feel their journey to the throat

And once there I could feel their footsteps much like mine
struggling to open the voice box in time
Fighting to thank the kind lady who had helped raise me
Who had helped to prepare me for any season

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário