segunda-feira, 30 de novembro de 2015

Strength of the current

The river almost took you away from me
I searched for you in Toledo
The washroom had a dead body on the floor
Jesus swore it wasn't you

For we swam idyllically the day was warm
and the water a friendly dragon
Abundant with fish and life clear inside
Like life we dove in to be taken for a ride

You were washed so far down
while I was busy looking at the fish
And like the season ends you were gone
Vanished

Then the dwarf took my hand as we searched for you
The girl I'd spent the last two years trying to sweep out of her shoes
But the dwarf smiled he knew the whole world was a farce
he led me there to the washroom

To where a body lay
wrapped in a blanked on a bed of hay
Panic hit my throat like an outside force
But death hadn't touched my girl

And the dwarf beamed
Slow illusions and slow emotions
warm my heart
warm the water of this dark river that I adore

Slow running eternal
miracle cord
I'll hold my tears
for she swims in the same river as I do

Neither of us will drown
No matter the strength of the current

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário