sábado, 21 de novembro de 2015

Up at this house

Here up at this house
This choice, this day, this sky, this life
I swear I can almost remember standing on the edge
when there was no such thing as time

They must have warned me back then
but also reminded me of all the wonderful things that would happen
Under the awning with the aroma of a feast
still a humid bright day

if only everlasting life could be like this said my friend
my ally, my own spirit
My parent´s colors changed as did the day
their desires became different shapes

On this house on the hill
Symbolic for something
with feasts and luxuries I didn´t ask for
and gratitude owns me but I don´t know it´s intentions

I look up at my mother talking to me with her face
My father gesticulating
They were children yesterday
same eyes and in this weather, none the duller

My spirit pulls me toward the limelight
clocks and fine clothes, it passes so quickly
I´d just like to stay under the awning
enjoying life that such an eager source furnished for me

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário