domingo, 24 de julho de 2016

David spoke silently

David's here for such a short visit
He looks across the table pefect grin
desert tan and clean advice
Nor do I dare say easier said than done

A thing that doesn't know doubt
and we question did it ever
like a hand on our shoulders and whisper in the ear
you are on your way

And perfection is not found in humans of this age I raise
And with his face, less words he implies a loud okay
Where in the desert did he learn such optimism
We sat over the table to talk not a word transpired

Almost laughing he said okay, without a sound
and how he comforted me I don't know
heavy heart and over reactive mind
Difficult to grow

My excuses made cracks in the brilliant table
The one that was made for elbows, bread and wine
David came to hint he'd help for a day
but then it was on me to march forward

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário