segunda-feira, 25 de julho de 2016

The humble anthophila

I picked out some new flowers to avoid encouraging the bleakness
Ones that have their bloom on and might survive the week
As the older ones wilted and the household fell cold
I'll tell you these new ones are welcome by the green thumbs that sold them

I picked out the flowers as if I gave permission for joy to show itself
To color the dining table and be the colorful sprawl on any unwanted dim
I was that optimistic monday as if my emotions belonged to it exactly
But it's all a flimsy illusion each day you wake and you tunnel through

You perfume yourself and hold yourself together
You flourish as the hours click into days
And such a short time is a lifetime that I call it survival
day work taps me on the back harder than celebration

Millions lost in sedentary habits and medication
There lot so far from my comprehension
Society masters comparison
Yet lacks an accountable narrator

So I place flowers to remind me of transforming
beyond the bomb blast mess and bloated decayed buds of society
For the answer is peaceful and keen to meet us
And how very gunpowder anxious we are to hide from it

As petals fall and aphids drool on the castles of caterpillars
I find an inkling of peace in observing the feast dish of the anthophila
Partly their conquest as they gather pollen in their productivity
Maybe we'd know harmony if we were more like the bee

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário