domingo, 28 de março de 2021

Low social hierarchy astroturf

 The group celebrated as the cool ones
far and distant from me
Always in the next room with new fun
many meters from me

The astroturf was for all of us
equality and sharing
But the cool ones were ahead
exclusive branch to their popularity

The cheap toys the observers bought us, large yet never enough
What I would trade from my meager pouch of transactional love
To share the kind of space that those big brother candidates did
Body language, tone and sentiment second nature kids

And here I sit ever the rejected child alone on this false green grass
as the others eat treats and hear of how their future feats will pass
I was hungrier than them, left with a full bag of candy self pity on my seat
I could smell it, that overwhelming scent but I couldn´t bring myself to ever eat

Big brother astro-turfers
those skateboarding, rollerblading, kite surfers
Paired up with their social system mate
while I flailed outside their program, pretending life was great

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário