sábado, 27 de março de 2021

My chest beats the sea

 Is my heart hooked to the land
where the grass is short, hills are steep
not for the weather but the mindless sheep
trashy poplars brag in the wind
cul de sac bullies lurking on the corner

Is my heart buried like a treasure chest
under the patch of bush that hides the river from the road
roots as my veins blood in the rain flows
the soil my food in my mouth and nose

The taste of hills and mountains so near
Alas I dwell thousands of miles from here
a reality that I chose away from the known
The boring close I´d rather it on my own

A rule I broke, parting from the crowd
a rule that kept me under that long cloud
when all I wanted from the world was the sun

an angle that could warm me from the cold alone
with my heart in my chest in my home
Abroad, foreign to you, other side of the sea foam

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário