domingo, 5 de março de 2023

Age and bureacracy

 Embark upon the official
I see the sweetness on earth
I savor of it, from it

I lose vitality over mere circumstance
The crude injustice of existence
waves of memory

Great tides of events
with all the floating baggage
of I a self absorbed

Myths have formed grandiose fantasies
Though starting gate's comparison leaves one wanting
the talent of the few tickles the many with sharp knives

As they embark on amazing careers
grandeur and arrogance
deep pain at single unmet expectations

Like teeth biting into the back 
of each body of each day
each tooth meeting each spines

bags and wrinkles fill the face like trinkets in a lounge
the quality of what we truly accumulate
could fuel god's laughter for another century

Certificates that distinguish me
let me inside the gates
validate me intellectually and viscerally

official stamps eyes all looking upward
as if they just opened eyes
order has trumped strategy

The papers grant me participation
with the print I am recognized
Like tatoos that spike social screen likes

Routine devours aspirations
lunchtime mouthfuls
fattening my physically dormant form

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário