domingo, 12 de março de 2023

Curing Malady Villam

 The spider nest thick with spiders
as thick as your hand
in the shade of the jaboticaba
Keep the children away

heat draws the wasps out
their humm in the air a hellscream
a gust of wind carries them
toward absent minded families

the honey falls off the the tree
like cash out of an atm
I go to collect it
my arms are stung and bitten

Until im on my knees
hands together in prayer
Pain surging like a tough drug
speeding electrically up and down my veins

The honey dries and my hands stick
clay yellow under the trees
shade a relief sun still such a grandfather to me
hands and arms swollen and sick

will my mind beg for healing
as I am ready for prayer
No my mind begs for honey
legs lift me

I break a branch off that saintly tree
And swat the tiny predators
I rip them out nests and all
to bring back the bees

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário