terça-feira, 16 de maio de 2023

Time out

 a scrap in the basement
looking up toward the door
its locked
something I did 

stomach rumbles
cold dusty laundry floor
was I born for this
cold wind peeping in under the door

Must have done something awful
offended someone
dusk cutting itself into night
with the long boring blade

had my mother protested
Just for me to ignore
where did I pick that up
they were angry now

Not a ditch for  home
somewhere out there 
were you could quench your thirst
and feed your stomach

a brother would follow along
what secrets had I told
How I questioned myself
instead of flex that pure will

The one that got me here in the basement
where none would hear me
and the cool wind hit the glass
refridgerating the room

And out here in the world
I have been alone
somehow king yet slave
somehow ant yet god

And punished for such erroneous interpretations
of such a life

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário