quarta-feira, 10 de maio de 2023

Your own real story

 I saw you at 12 years old a moment in time
You were observing yourself for hours
I saw you at 17 and your smile was as much a moment
as hand touching the next scratch in the clock

I saw you on the street at 22 shopping
You were a mere situation busy being the place
I saw you at 28 on the curbside looking out over the street
as if it were a river

And you were just a moment the past of you gone like present wrapper
Your expression hardly forming the same way ever after
Nobody will truly ever know you and they will just assume
quite a number of half truths

At 35 you were sure of what you were
yet that stuff was just furniture you were fond of
frills and makeup trinkets you pushed into the light
every layer passed down from family or around from peers

you are a location on a map
oblivious to your own coordinants
unconnected to your real self
Just repeating the input 

I see beyond the flesh the flickering program
The ritual and routine you are
Your code in the network
The joke the spirits tell about you

I have deduced that you are a moment in time
a situation unfolding 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário