quarta-feira, 10 de janeiro de 2024

Patris exspiravit

 my old father's house lay on a hill above the outskirts of the city
a long driveway and just enough big weeds and displaced equipment
to make you think it was all normal yet the house didn't exist
people saw the structure, the narrow path up to the house
but nothing was there

I'd walk up there saturday afternoons
To confer a few of those secrets to the universe with my father
He talked about motion and movement again
other subjects that made me understand

He pointed out that each angle of perception
was a doorway to victory
each successful view
was a mountain conquered

inverted and replaced
my path had been blessed
Father's ghost so intact
maybe it will never fade

no disconnection between that old chirp
and the essence that drives me to embrace this earth





Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário