quarta-feira, 6 de julho de 2011

Gringo like me


People ask me where i´m from, that´s become my way of life.
Put a label on me... "Strange lost gringo." Come to eat our beans and rice. 
Ask me what i do, where i live and what i think.
Try to listen and link this accent this tongue of rare tongues.
See the way i wave among you, shake hands and even wink.
A kiwi from the mouth I drink, voice box, the larynx and all the way to the lungs.
My gringo existance in this grand countries sprawl.
What gringo thoughts i think when i´m on the move.
Is my gringo beat good enough at all here in the latin groove.
My gringo existance, i´m gringo with the proof.
So ask me where i come from try to guess from where i came.
I´m American, English to most it´s all the same, just an awkward gringo still searching for a life...
Away from the predictable, away from fates sharp knife.
I´m not interested in one nation, and people stationary.
I´m a vagrant you see.
I´ll go where i want and thats my idea of free.
This is the life... and i´ll take it... as a gringo like me.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário