sexta-feira, 25 de setembro de 2015

The mall on the hill

Out of nowhere
The gross article
I feel you and see you in your day
I step through doors as my father did

Shortly grieve the loss of some
as they fall off the world, like cans off a supermarket shelf
And my eyes rest on you
and anticipate returning to you

No explosion can keep me from
No army of hungry believers
A part of your heart wants to ascend
Like many climbing the hill just to be closer to the sky

I contemplate you
lost in the concrete and steel, purse on shoulder
Heaven is a shopping mall
Angels are just patient salespeople

A million images of you
pushing the trolley
From the shade into the light
and vice versa simply gently

Your scent an aura
following you like a glance
your hands find something to buy
Your mind something to think

A million experts could teach us how to live
We would be balanced human beings
supermarket door stops in the flesh
The mistake of living is holy

But where does the average consumer hide their soul
Somewhere in the corridors of the heart
Or the aisles of the brain
So many thoughts and feelings to purchase



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário