quinta-feira, 7 de março de 2019

Father they cut God off

Your reflection rose
your glorious smile
Your true lust for life caught
shining through the water

through your skin
through the bricks of the state house
and across the stony tarmac thick and thin
But they showed you, you couldn't have God

Them up in that crazy dogma
That strange hypocrisy between religious cogs
They told you you couldn't have that true love
and gave you a false one through nothingness

Just a kid and the world showed it's teeth
so early, never spiritually free
none of your fire was allowed to flourish
cut down and hushed

God took on the form of a troll
A falsehood, an evil, a machine to control
A perversion, a convenient lord of the flys
But he is none of their lies

He is your birth
Your greatest joy
Your bitterest hurt
Your greatest ambition
Your life mission

Every emotion you ever felt
He's in your tears
your laughter
He's not their words or scripture father
he's not their rules or abuse, Dad
He's not their conspiracies.

Mere awareness is what he is
the feeling of existance
Plain love is all he is
He is not their structures
Not church nor dogma

I can understand you lashing out
They cut god out of you no doubt
without an ounce of compassion
No evidence of punishment for their infraction

So how did you become my hero?
Where does God hide around you now
if banned from your heart
Over my youth a thousand frustrations

each one ripped apart by a moment of your caring
each one sent out and a new calm, a lost fear
Father you helped to save me from hell at school
From the way they made me feel like a useless fool

Their doctrines just knives to cut us up, just tools
they were just tools, Dad.

Irony hits us so extremely
for out of all the people on this strange rock
you are the one that holds the face of god to me
And values that keep me vital to this day

So when I look up, do I thank him or you?
For who should I give all of this gratitude?
And How do I still feel worthy of the privilege

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário