quarta-feira, 6 de março de 2019

So much inside yourself

You communicate with me
through yourself no less, you don't really see
my face and my gestures flicker, as we falsely agree
and your misplaced curiosity increases

You hear my words
as your own, never having heard
never knowing my intentions first
like the ghost radio announcer of the worst

When you speak to me, your reflections dissecting
telling me in detail about my unseen defects
each detail so crucial to your interpretation
though I don't see me in your illustration

Let me say my ideas of you were foreign
the connection was contaminated and barren
by personal interpretation and desires to feed on
where lost wishes and unrequited needs shone from

A dirty tear fell from my face that's true
not because I could understand you
but because I saw the semblence of my own blindness
Tell me who will heal our eyes if we never do?

I try to describe your life, attitudes and station
but I express it all through my limitations
and all you understood is the color of my mere opinion
We trade guesses and layers of our own onions at best
and blissfully keep playing together, me monopoly- you chess

Misunderstanding each other to the beat of the universe
Creating false images of each other's intentions first
and being satisfied enough with our projections
Because real connection might mean a piece of me hurts

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário