sábado, 24 de dezembro de 2022

Life raft

 A life raft


What I read on your face wasn't indifference
It was a well practiced patience
years expected to have been gracious
If our bodies are cities anger is sewage

Resentment to purge
My Selfishness can't build outlets or bridges
It takes perspective and warmth
to keep from being frigid


What I heard in your voice 
It wasn't irony that I caught
But often distracted attempts at import
A caring despite tempers too short

We need somewhere
and with someone to vent
Each episode of disaster
efforts my mum's good intent

One Christmas perception
I rest in the blissful conclusion
Behind expectations and contention
I see the efforts of my mother's intentions

A piece of salvation forms
A life raft on a sea under constant storm
This thank you letter to the being I was born from

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário