quinta-feira, 29 de fevereiro de 2024

Underworld through

When I was forced to walk the mist
A vagabond invalidated by the civilized world
in grey shredded rags I held up my hands to the cave roof
kilometers above my head and screamed

Shadows formed in the distance with sharp volts following
crawling across the underground horizon like broken foul wolves
the cloud and mist revealing and then hiding them again

I could only retrace my steps toward the entrance
which now a decade later was a tourist attraction
with lofty timber restaurants and groups of trendy teens
one called my name for an invisible conversation

I was sent out of the town gates still a hunter
a vagabond, an adventurer that even the darkness denied
and as I made all efforts to exit the dimlit town into the light
The sun resolved to strike down passers by about me

Until there was a stack of them near the welcome sign
like silent gas that had nauseated and inebriated them
finally claiming them as the body shut down
It was a very beautiful morning despite the needless death

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário