quinta-feira, 12 de maio de 2016

Don't get burnt

I break into the tornado
The giant cyclone
I the lone heater
The gut splitter tuning the radio

Never flinching when life blows
never falling failing or staying low
I, with the sun warm
Burning from the day I was born

Lone captain, world's my cake
here in the green and yellow fighting the grey
 one million pessimists face me each day
I drink not a drop of their dismay

They invite me to sit and feel glum
until I'm like them, halfway to no one
I simply breathe and release, I always overcome
cause like the breeze I succeed where the wind fell stunned

Why the predator looks on toward you, the loyal part of this scared herd
I'm treading on convention, and burning the nests of all you sour birds
Disbelievers glum and forced to deceive, look to me huh I don't deal that line of relief
Look up and see my reflection I was always there
Dark and light doesn't stop the bullet that spins and whirrs

That turns into each heart that longs for greatness
Despite the cynics the depressives and their diabolical mother-fucking hurricanes

Look up and have the courage and know the sky
Or put it down like the fungus that believes it's own lies
This kingdom these hours that were given to you
This present this marvelous revelation called life
The thing you handed over to indifference
Like a sidewalk begger

From the first floor I sparked
Then I spread to all four decorated corners
Now I'm crawling to the second floor with my tongue up the walls
Showing your fear like that on the stairs was like pouring gasoline,
the shrieks and tears
Now I'm up the third like a serpent, paints melting like shilling giver hearts
and I've become too hot and hurried as the fire department stops and starts

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário