sábado, 12 de setembro de 2026

The bat reminded me

 The bat came in to sniff the bananas
Then exited in a blink of an eye
In a blink of my eye, now sad there sat a tear forming
I called thing back 
But it wasn't having none

I could feel many tears well up in my eyes
As the truth it delivered became so heavy and obvious
I had been faking it most of my life
A performer a disguiser
I had pretended

And so underneath there wasn't much
But silly soul that wanted to measure up
When the whole point was to ignore the competition
And build your own sense of self
The first tear wet and treacherous rolled off

Like a precious piece of me leaving forever
Like that little bat speeding off
What a faker i have become
what a phoney I properly am
and more tears followed the thought

The one that I wasn't authentic
But something I had sculpted and chipped away at
Mostly through frustration

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário