quinta-feira, 3 de setembro de 2026

Void at the gate

 I lost my hope at the central terminal
My ticket wouldn't pass
I couldnt sync the ticket with the airport code
I sat in the concourse pretending not to care

Hungry at the little food quart blinking takeaway lights
The hint smell of fat and frying meat
The knowing ones were already packed
The lazer light switched green for them

Off they flew to some other bubble
To speak like those people
To walk and eat like those ones do
Me, sitting starving for that variety

Soon they will expell me from here
Like family
Like school
And I'll have the empty pavement to myself

The smell of homeless urine
Uneaten charity meals
I'll make my way on foot
back to some shack

And people will go on being people
Ignoring me pretending they dont know me when im down
And congratualting me pretending they know me when I'm on
Asking me if I could validate my ticket

And I'll lie and say yes
And tell them I'll be on my way
They'll euphorically farewell me
avoiding me the next day

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário