sábado, 29 de dezembro de 2012

Lost child (rewritten)

Lost child(part one)
Lost the little fella off a train.
Advice from the passer´s by couldn´t help me.
As we got off the train his steps were a fast as his voice was soft.
He wouldn´t hear my last words as he got off and went ahead,
I looked twice but the little fella had disappeared.
So on the corner of the train station crammed with sunny shops
my jaw dropped with a box of oranges.
I´d jolly well lost him, couldn´t find him.
 
Lost child(part two)
I entered the shops near the station accompanied by an old man.
This old man didn´t know me but I knew him
he was beyond pain this man.
All seemed tranquil in the shop
and out on the street but where had my child gone?
Probably on the train again to nowhere- god knows the cost,
The old man transformed into a chap I knew
as I shook him like orange juice for the answers.
He looked at me standing calmly in line now to buy chips and stew,
he turned completely round now facing me, "Your young one lost is he?"
I replied "Yes he is gone and the time´s ticking old man!"
He went out of the shop and I followed him though we weren´t walking it was more like time-travelling not into the past but the future.
I followed him into a great valley.
Where grassy mounds surrounded and joy of free people rallied.
I looked at him again this old man now he gestured with his wrists and fingers toward the sky revealing himself as my young lost child.
The young child told me with the voice of the old man "As easy as summer when she´s good natured and mild." I speechlessly let my panic subside and in that very moment the breeze took all that darkness away.
"let´s get back on the train" I asked trying to appear humble.
His smile just widened and shamed me seven swords across my conscience,
he had never left me.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário