terça-feira, 21 de outubro de 2014

The bandit and the snake

What is it to fall?
to come to terminal velocity in a descent toward the ground
What kind of regrets are let go?
how many people are forgiven by the faller?

And to fall knowing it's real
knowing the sound of every meter passing by
is the song of death through the air
No parachute on my back

In the distance falling parallel is a bandit
pistol out and shooting bullets at me while we fall
His aim is about as good as his life was, he can't hit me
trying to chase me through the air and load his gun but the bullets fly

Mercy thank God what have I done to deserve this
A huge container of sawdust will break my fall
As I look up to brace myself for the impact
an anaconda comes bearing down in my direction

It passes me grazing it's scales along my arm and disappearing into the sawdust
And I ponder as I make enough room in the sawdust to breathe
What is to have fallen?

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário